Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

An Interview With Grammy Award Winner Marc Cohn Over At American Noise

There's a brand new set of sister websites called American Noise and American Twang that I'd recommend you check out. Noise is an all-music format site and Twang is country music specific.

I had an opportunity to put together a feature interview with Grammy Award winner Marc Cohn for the American Noise site. Cohn, known for his iconic hit "Walking in Memphis," recently released Listening Booth, an album comprised of 12 classic songs that were originally recorded in 1970. Cohn talks about the album and the songs in this exclusive interview. Check out the teaser below and then click HERE to read the entire article.

"I think that you’re predisposed to music. I definitely was. I think that the music that you hear around that age cuts the deepest. It stays with you the longest, and that’s definitely the case with me. There were a lot of records, singles and albums that came out that year, and it became clear to me a couple years ago when I started to sit down to do a record. Without knowing the exact theme, all I knew was that year was huge for me. Perhaps bigger than any other year in music. I looked at the list of albums and singles that came out, and that was the beginning for me in music in a really big way. In a really deep way."

"The music that came out that year resonated with me on a lot of levels and [for] a lot of reasons, and it was technically three or four albums and a number of singles that defined for me what I was going to do the rest of my life. I dreamed about it for a long time because that music moved me so deeply. I wanted to do the same thing even though I had no particular or specific talent, except for that I knew I could sing. I always loved the singer/songwriters, and those records started coming out right about then. They really set me off on my specific path and I’ve been on it forever since."

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar