Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Samantha's School Survival Guide: Semester Goals

Hey everyone! Welcome back! Today I'm going to be sharing with you all my semester goals as part of my Samantha's School Survival Guide series! Today is my first day of my sophomore year of college so I thought what better way to start my semester off than by making a list of my goals for this semester! I'm a very detail, goal, deadline oriented person, which probably explains why I'm going into event planning. Haha! And I was on my high schools yearbook staff for 2 1/2 years and making deadlines and having goals have been a part of who I am. Making goals is a great way to motivate yourself and stay motivated. It gives you something to work for, to challenge yourself with. And once you accomplish those goals you feel this immense sense of pride knowing that all the hard work you did finally paid off! Now making a goal is easy but sticking with it and seeing it come true is the hard part. Before I tell you my semester goals here are some helpful tips to make a goal and stick with it.

Tip #1: Be realistic
Don't make something that you know realistically you can't do. It's okay to have ambitious goals, but if you make one that's too difficult you'll only get discouraged that you haven't met it yet. Instead make a bunch of little goals leading up to your big one. For example if you're goal is to lose weight and get in shape make little goals to not eat sugary sweets or to workout twice a day. Don't set yourself up for failure and frustration by letting your goals get bigger than your abilities. 

Tip #2: Make a motivation or inspiration board.
Make a board with magazine clippings or pictures off the internet and set it somewhere where you can always see it. You can make it your computer or phone background or make a physical board to display in your room. A goal you can actually see is massively more powerful than one you write down or that's in your head. Seeing your goal and what you're working for will help remind you why you're working hard in the first place.

Tip #3: Make a plan.
Making a plan and getting details can help you accomplish your goal than just winging it. Set a deadline for yourself. Write it down on your calendar, make a countdown. By knowing when you have to finish it by will help you work harder to get it done.

Tip #4: Never give up. 
I know that it may seem tough or that you can't overcome it but you can. Nothing worth something is every easy. Focus on why you're doing what you're doing. Look at how far you've come and all the things you've accomplished. Good things come to those who persevere. 


Here are some inspirational quotes that you can save to your phone or print out and put up. I'm a huuuge quote person. I have quotes everywhere in my room and desk to keep me motivated! :) 










So what are my goals for this semester? Well here they are!

Number 1: Create a healthy lifestyle
This goal is two fold. I want to create a healthy lifestyle in both the body and spirit. I want to start working out daily, doing yoga, stretching, running, weights. I also want to start eating healthier. More healthy, natural food and less processed junk. I really wanna start meal planning! I've seen tons of fitness gurus and bloggers have great success with it and I wanna give it a go. I'm not doing this to lose weight but to create a healthier me. We only get one body in life and you can choose to build it up or tear it down. I'm choosing to build it up and create a healthier, happier me.

The second part is the spirit part. I'm a born again Christian, but have fallen out of step with God and His Word. I wanna get back to reading and praying and being in a better relationship with Him. I've found a really awesome daily devotional specially for women that will help me become closer with Christ. 

Number 2: Meet new people
I do all my college online so I don't get a lot of 'interaction' with people my age. I do nanny part time during the week but all my interaction is with kids under the age of 9. Lol. I want to branch out and meet new people, expand my friend horizon! 

Number 3: Budget money better
I love shopping and I'm a spender. I do have a job that brings me a decent amount of income but I spend it quite frequently. I need to start budgeting my money and saving it up. I want to buy myself my own car, I have college to pay for and I want to travel. All of which aren't cheap and cost money, lots of money. So I'm going to find a budget plan and start using it. Wish me luck guys! 

Number four: Blog more
I really want to create better content. I want to increase my quality of my posts. Some of my favorite and role model blogs are College Prepster, Stone Cold Betch, Pink Peonies, Rachel Parcell, Summer Wind, the list goes on. I love their content and their quality is amazing. I want to blog at least 3-4 times a week and have a set schedule that I follow instead of just here and there. I also want to do more fashion posts because I truly love fashion. I want my blog to become something where people look to me for advice. I love helping people and if I know that I've helped just one person then it makes it all worthwhile. 


There you have it friends. My semester goals for this year! What are your goals or things you want to work on and do better at? Lemme know in the comments or by tweeting me! Encouraging each other is the best way to accomplish them! :) 

Till next time! 








"setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible"


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar