Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Journal Pages From the Past.....

I have been keeping a journal since 1986 and I often like to leaf through the pages and recall the years gone by. I have been a bit nostalgic and sentimental lately so I decided to give in and look at my life as it was 20 years ago and then at 10 years past! 20 years ago Amber was 5 years old and Benjamin was 2. Life was extremely busy back then! This is a quote taken from the entry dated September 5, 1990: "I can't imagine having time to sit around and watch TV or wondering WHAT I am going to do! Someday I will look back on these years of 1985-1990...and MISS them! I'm always busy and happy. I try to plan each day to get the most out of it. Let the kids go in the spa @ 4 pm (after I gave them haircuts) while I set in a lawn chair on the deck reading and doing some handwork. Amber went to Awanas- in SPARKS now! She was so excited! It was 10 pm before I had them in bed."
This is Jesse, Benjamin and Amber as we vacationed the next week in South Texas.


Summer treated us to a week at a condo on Padre Island. Look at how LITTLE Amber and Benjamin were!!! (They are in the blue swimsuits.) They both still love the beach!

I love looking at these old photos even though it makes me FEEL old! I must have had so much energy back then!!

This pic is the only one I took from the journal dated this week 10 years ago. Those two little kids are now 15 and 12 in this snapshot. The entry for September 15 reads: " I had a 'Ladie's Day....after I exercised I took a bath oil bath- did my toenails and put on fingernails....painted Frosted Apricot. Did my make up and wore a Hunter Green loose dress- comfy! Took Amber to ICA for her sitter job and I went to McFrugal's and the Indian Market. We're in the 'black' on our check book for the first time in a long time. Jesse took Benjamin and Amber to the mall for photos (see pic above) then to Dillard's for Ben some clothes and to see the movie MI2. I went to Irving Bible Church for Revive Our Hearts Conference with Nancy De Moss and John Elliot. Came home to a quiet house."

Sometimes it is good to stop and reflect on the past. I have done that now and am back to my lovely life today! I am ending this post with a quote from Louis Dean's history teacher when he was in college not sure if he wrote it or quoted it but I LIKE it!

"History is a study of the past in light of the present for the benefit of the future."

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar